What Are The Features of the Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine?
My sleep specialist just prescribed a new Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP or APAP device for me to help with my sleep treatment for sleep apnea. I just picked up my new machine yesterday and what a beauty. Okay, maybe not, but it sure is a streamlined machine and extremely quiet. My sleep specialist determined that I needed to have an Auto CPAP (or APAP) machine after he examined the data from my current Respironics CPAP machine which indicated that the settings weren’t providing the optimal treatment for me.
Some of the features of this machine
This new DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine has a user friendly design, weighs just over 4 pounds and comes with the following features:
- Heated humidifier – is connected directly to the machine. It provides a level of humidification in the air to the mask throughout the night.
- Heated tube – is an optional feature but it is used to further increase sleep therapy comfort by helping maintain a heat and moisture combination to help prevent your nose and/or mouth from getting too dry during the night. It maintains the temperature of the air delivered throughout the night even if the temperature in the room drops during the night. If the humidifier is not being used, the heated tube can be connected directly to the machine, though it will not be heated.
- Bluetooth Connectivity – this feature has built-in Bluetooth with an SD Data Card for data storage. It allows your sleep specialist to login remotely to your machine to review the data that is being recorded and print off the statistics, if necessary.
- Auto-Adjusting Pressure – the Respironics DreamStation Auto is an advanced APAP machine that monitors your breathing for flow limitations and adapts to them, automatically adjusting your sleep therapy throughout the night to ensure you’re receiving the optimum pressure for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Mask Fit Check – this machine’s display will show if leaks are detected in the mask. As the mask is adjusted the machine’s display will be updated to indicate if a proper fit is detected.
- Opti-Start – this feature starts your air pressure therapy at 90% of the pressure reached in the previous night to help address any sleep apnea events that may occur early in your sleep therapy. This feature can be disabled at any time if you choose not to have it.
- Auto On/Off – which means that the machine automatically turns on as soon as you take a deep breath with your CPAP mask on and automatically shuts off when it detects that you are no longer wearing the CPAP mask. The machine monitors my breathing through the night for flow limitations and automatically adjusts the amount of air pressure during the night on a breath-by-breath basis.