There are a number of treatments available for sleep apnea. The most common treatment for people with moderate to severe sleep apnea uses a breathing device called a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. A CPAP machine uses a mask that fits over your mouth and nose, or just over your nose. The machine gently blows air into your throat that provides a constant stream of air that keeps your breathing passages open while you sleep.
There are many positive benefits and advantages to using CPAP machines and the CPAP treatment advice from your sleep specialist. These machines are designed to:
- Keep the air way open during the night
- Reduce your snoring symptoms
- Improve your quality of sleep
- Reduce the sleep apnea symptoms, such as daytime sleepiness
- Prevent high blood pressure
The book below is an excellent resource on the topic of sleep apnea treatments. Note that a new page will be displayed when the image or link is clicked.
Sleep Apnea Cure Solution: The Ultimate Sleep Apnea Treatment & Relief Guide for Overcoming Sleep Apnea Forever! (Sleep Apnea Diet)
You can find other books on the topic of sleep apnea here. Please drop me a comment if you have found another book that you found informative on the topic of sleep apnea.
Other treatments include oral appliance therapy or surgery. There are other self-help things that can be done including weight management and other lifestyle changes. Below is an excellent resource on alternative treatments for sleep apnea.
Unsure if the CPAP device is really for you? Concerned that your insurance may not cover the cost of a CPAP machine? Here are some other viable options for your consideration:
For those of you who may not have sleep apnea but are still concerned about the efficiency of your breathing and the quality of your sleep, here is more information that you may find interesting:
- Optimal Breathing Store and School – Breathing Development, Research, Education, Services, Programs for Superior Health, Peak Performance, Self Expression & Life Extension. Self help and health practitioner training programs. For more information, click here.
- Oxygen Enhanced Exercise and Rest – Oxygen is critical to EVERY human function. Most often MORE IS BETTER.
Statistical guidelines for Optimal Breathing – For state of the art breathing development I recommend the Optimal Breathing Mastery Kit developed by Michael Grant White at breathing.com. This kit includes 10 customized programs for
- General breathing development
- Deepest Calm for anxiety-panic, headaches, high blood pressure, pain reduction, emotional balance, stress management
- Energy, Vitality, Mood Elevation
- Focus, Concentration
- Meditation enhancement
- Smoke or Smoking Recovery
- Shortness of breathing including Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD, and Emphysema
- Singing, Speaking and Personal Power
- Sleeping and Snoring
- Weight Management
It includes proprietary programs stemming from 85,000 Optimal Breathing test takers scores to glean the 5 most important skills in breathing and how to develop them in the shortest possible time.